Showing posts with label 50 cent vs. diddy feud. Show all posts
Showing posts with label 50 cent vs. diddy feud. Show all posts

Monday, August 8, 2011

Machine Gun Kelly discusses Bad Boy deal

By The Hip Hop Writer
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Last week, Diddy announced his latest signing to Bad Boy Records. Early in his career, Diddy had made Bad Boy into the top hip hop record label. In the years since, however, Bad Boy Records has struggled.

In an effort to end the stagnation, Diddy decided to move the label from Atlantic Records to Interscope Records. At the time, Diddy said he was going to develop Red Cafe` focal point of the label. But, it has taken two years for things to get going.

Last year, Diddy released his final album before returning to the office full-time. Recently, he decided to sign Cleveland rapper, Machine Gun Kelly. The label has signed several pop artists before, but they have never signed a white rapper. Dr. Dre had great results when he signed Eminem in 1998.

Recently, Machine Gun Kelly discussed signing with Bad Boy Records. Diddy intends to mold his latest signing into Bad Boy's new flagship artist. Machine Gun Kelly said he is not trying to fill the shoes of the past stars of Bad Boy Records. Instead, Machine Gun Kelly is trying to build his own legacy at Bad Boy. During his interview, Machine Gun Kelly announced a new era at Bad Boy Records.

Read more...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Diddy advises 50 Cent to shut up

By The Hip Hop Writer
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

For years, 50 Cent has been known for starting problems with high-profile rap artists. But, over time, people have fallen out of love with 50 Cent and fans have supported his rivals. Even without a major fanbase, 50 Cent was still among the top hip hop earners.

However, when the recent reports were leaked to the public, 50 Cent was not a cash king. Focusing on rebuilding his G-Unit brand, 50 Cent has been sending shots at Diddy and Jay-Z. For the most part, he did not recieve a response from either one of them.

Recently, a "secret conversation" took place between Jay-Z and the aforementioned 50 Cent. Following the conversation, 50 agreed to no longer diss Jay-Z. 50 Cent said he would also consider ending his issues with Diddy following their talk. While 50 Cent was considering the issue, Diddy was doing all he could to reach Fif.

Having built his brand over fifteen years ago and riding in cruise control ever since, Diddy advised 50 Cent to shut his mouth if he wanted to make corporate money. Aside from his epic 2003 debut, 50 Cent has made most of his money through the hip hop market. Meanwhile, Diddy got his start in hip hop and has branched out to the point where he rarely makes music, let alone diss anyone. Diddy is trying to get 50 to understand he can be making the same type of money if he stops talking about other rappers.

Read more...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP