Friday, April 29, 2011

Hottie of Week: Ladi Red

By Lady Killa
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Also known as Jessica, Ladi Red is very popular on the club scene in New York City. Her name may not ring bells, but it will in the near future. Having been around for some time, she is working on building a career.

Through her frequent club visits, Ladi Red has come across several rising rappers. The result of this has led to her laying background vocals on some tracks. Aside from the small features, she has also appeared in a few videos.

With the video honeys, as they are fondly called, building careers off being in music videos, Ladi Red is building her own career. For now, she will be appearing in local videos, but her aim is international.

Earlier today, Ladi Red gave us an exclusive interview, read it below:

How did you get the name Ladi Red?
Well, it comes from my usual choice of clothing and the fact that red is my favorite color.

Do you enjoy doing what you do?
For the record, I am much more than a simple party girl, I work hard during the week and I got to school. But, when I have free time, I do hit up the clubs. So, for the most part, I do what I have to do. Having the opportunity to work and go to school is a blessing with the economy the way it is, so yes, I do enjoy doing what I do.

When will people be seeing more of you?
I will be a part of several different projects, in both minor and major roles.

Will you be appearing in any music videos this summer?
Hopefully so because I need all of the exposure I can get.

How do you feel about being referred to as a video honey?
Personally, it does not matter what people call me or what they think about me. I do what I have to do so I can do what I want to do. Being in front of the camera is what I want to do and a price comes along with that and if the price is being called a video honey, then so be it.

Do you have a manager or an agent?
Actually, I do, I am currently working with Aaron McBride and his BRS Management.

Is he behind many of your upcoming appearances?
Yes he is. Aaron has been wonderful every step of the way, as he has had my career as the top priority the entire time I have been with him.

How long have you been working with him?
For a very long time, he was one of the first people to truly realize the talents I have aside from my looks. He helped get me on a song a where my voice was used in a phone recording?

Have you considered a career in music?
There are a lot of things I have considered. However, I live life one step at the time. Before I try to start a music career, I need to actually get the ball rolling on my current projects. Once I get a result from this, I will begin focusing on other projects.

Do you have any shoutouts?
Yes, I would like to shout out everyone who is down with me and they know who they are!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP