Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gabe Luchiano: Boston's Legal Kingpin

By Mikey T The Movie Star
Hip Hop Vibe Contributing Writer

The Boston hip hop scene is steadily growing each day and one of the front-runners is Gabe Luchiano. Luchiano has been interested in rap ever since the age of twelve. Now, he is living out his dreams as a popular rapper.

Not only has Gabe turned out to be one of the hottest underground rappers in Boston, he is also the head of his own label. While elevating himself to the top of the game, Luchiano is also steadily promoting his imprint, Goodfellas Records.

His stage name and his label name may ring bells, Gabe Luchiano is the kingpin in Boston, but his hustle is the rap game. Hip Hop Vibe landed an interview with Gabe Luchiano through contributor, Mikey T The Movie Star.

What inspired you to become a rapper?
My 12th Grade teacher gave me the motivation to start to write poetry. To make a long story short, we had this assignment to do and she seen I wasn't to excited about the assignment. I wasn't doing homework assignments and etc, so one day after the bell rang, she held me behind after to talk to me. Two minutes into our conversation, she pulled out a poetry book written by Tupac Shakur called, How A Rose Grew From Concrete. She explained to me how poetry isn't just school work. She explained to me how poetry is an art, a form a expression, how it is everyday lifestyle that we all live no matter color race or religion.

In my 17 year old young ignorant head, it blew my mind how a 40 year old white woman was reading words written by a 26 yrs old rapper that I dearly admired and listen to daily. That same night I went home and started writing poetry which later turned into rhymes. Ever since that day I have never put my pen down.

Speak on the GoodFella label you are developing?
GoodFella Records is my record label that I'm trying to build into a machine like a Def Jam, just free of all the major label politics and hassle. I'm investing all my money, time, and energy into this. We’re here not begging for any hand outs. We're out here trying to make our own footprints in the sand. So I guess you can call me the 2011 Russell Simmons.

How are you preparing for your upcoming album?
I am dropping a mixtape called Boston George. I'm going to give you a prelude into my upcoming album God’s Satan. The mixtape is going to be the appetizer for the album. I plan to fully promote the mixtape like it’s an album and I plan to promote the album like it’s a movie. I already started work on both projects. And it’s going real well. I can't wait for the world to hear it.

Do you feel you have and advantage in hip hop coming from the East Coast?
It doesn't matter if you’re from the East Coast, the Dirty South, The West Coast or the Caribbean. As long as you got the determination and hard work, I feel great music cannot go unheard by the masses.

But yes, I do feel I have an advantage coming from the East Coast though. The South has had control over the rap game for the last 6-7 yrs, so I feel it’s only a matter of time for it to switch had to another side. People want to hear a different variety of music and I believe that East Coast kid, Gabe Luchiano, has what they want to hear!

Are you currently signed to a label?
I'm signed to my own label, GoodFella Records, LLC. I own my masters, all my rights, 100% of my royalties and etc. I put up all my own money so it’s only right, right? I'm a boss, and bosses got to earn that boss salary!

How long have you been rapping?
I been writing poetry since I was in 12th grade (Age17-18) and I would say the poems turned into raps around (Age 20) when I was running around in the streets and real life situations started to happen. My life was the inspiration for rhymes. And here I am now!

When did you know hip hop was for you?
I knew hip hop was for me when I performed my first show. I went up on stage for the first time not knowing what to expect. I just went up there and spit my heart out. I gave my performance everything I got, and the audience loved it. They were bopping their heads to the beat while waving their hands. After that show my confidence grew and I knew I need to show the world who Gabe Luchiano is!

What do you want your movement to bring to hip hop?
I want my movement to bring hip hop cancer to this to disgrace of gimmicks and bad lyricism we call RAP/HIPHOP. I want to bring sincerity and truth back to the game. I want to make timeless music. I want to leave the music world, in better condition than it was when I arrived.

HIP-HOP 4 EVER!!!!!

How can fans contact you?
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/Gabeluchiano
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/GabeLuchiano
WEBSITE: www.gabeluchiano.com

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP