Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lil B talks "I'm Gay (I'm Happy)" album title

By The Hip Hop Writer
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

When he began recording his 2011 album, Lil B was determined to make history. Earlier this spring, Lil B did just that when he named the album I'm Gay. The title of the album sparked controversy on many levels.

Lil B said no rapper in history had ever included 'gay' in their album title. Coming from the West Coast, Lil B took things a step further and gave his album that title. It would be the name of the album that led to death threats.

At the last minute, Lil B changed the name of his album from I'm Gay to I'm Gay (I'm Happy). Lil B said he did this to remind people he is straight. However, his plan was to embrace the homosexual community as well. While Lil B does not like men, he is happy with his current position in the game.

Despite all the media attention, his album's first week sales have been incredibly low, only selling 1,700 copies in its first week.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP