Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On the Rise: Continental GT

By The Rap Scout
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

There is a major difference between an artist and a rapper. In most cases, an artist is always pushing and ready to expand. On the other hand, a rapper is content simply rapping over beats.

Continental GT began as a rapper, but he has expanded to become an artist. For the past four years, Continental GT has also been a businessman. Creating an outlet for himself, and his team, GT created Money Rich Music.

For years, Continental GT has been releasing music and boosting his label. Recently, Hip Hop Vibe reached out to him for an interview. Continental GT quickly obliged and talked with us.

Read the entire interview below:

Where did the name Continental GT come from?
It started with GT standing for Gangsta Troy and then I just added Continental.

How long have you been rapping?
I been rapping about 4 years.

When did you start Money Rich Music?
I started Money Rich Music in 2007, right after I decided to take rap seriously.

How many artists do you have under the Money Rich label?
Right now I have 2 artists under Money Rich, D-Ram and Cash Ali.

Can you tell us a little bit about your upcoming EP, dropping this December?
The EP is gonna be my best work. I have few major collaborations on there, production from Lex Luger, Tay Don and more. I'm really putting a lot of time and thought into this one.

Will the EP differ from any of your previous releases?
It'll be different because I've stepped my game up on all levels, in the past, I didn't have too many collaborations, but this time I do.

Who will be producing on the new release?
Lex Luger, and a few other big names.

Who has produced for you in the past?
Kajmir Royale, D-Ram, Six Man, Bank Beats, and Flexx Beats.

Will you be collaborating with different artists on the EP?
I got a lot of collaborations coming. I'm not going to reveal who all it is yet, but I will say I got some heavy hitters out of the Carolinas, Atlanta, and California.

Are you going to be featured on any other artists' songs?
Yeah I gotta few collaborations coming. Broadway Miller, Derty Den, Trouble (DTE), Lo Keys, Boss G, and a few more.

Outside of music, what sparks your interest?
I'm big on basketball and football. I'm into fashion a little too. I wouldn't mind starting a clothing line in the future.

What have you learned in running the Money Rich label?
I've learned that you have to run it as a real business and not let personal relationships interfere with the business aspect.

Following you, what artist has next on Money Rich?
Definitely D-Ram. He is up next.

What has molded you into the artist and businessman you are today?
My family and my team. They've really helped me get better and become more educated.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP