Tuesday, August 16, 2011

On the Rise: Yung Kutt

By The Rap Scout
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Many rappers always talk about making money. Yung Kutt is among those rappers. While still on the independent scene, Yung Kutt is the head of several businesses. Yung Kutt is the CEO of the independent record company, Kush'd Up and Kash'd Out Entertainment.

Yung Kutt represents Central California and was inspired by Mac Dre, now he is one of the biggest artists in the underground scene. In love with his music, Yung Kutt is releasing several free mixtapes. Other rappers in the area are selling their tapes.

With his studio right beside his bed, Yung Kutt is one of the hardest-working men in the game. Having teamed up with a couple of big names, Yung Kutt is preparing to take things to the next level.

Recently, Hip Hop Vibe decided to feature Yung Kutt as the latest "On the Rise" artist.

Read the entire interview below:

With your music being so good, why are you givng your music away?
I'm giving away my music to show my fans, my supporters, that I do this because I love it. Until I release my debut album, where I have to pay for beats and pay for collaborations, I will not charge. I just want my voice heard, I see people around who are trying to sell their music and they only have a few songs out. If I give away 1,000 free copies, compared to selling 20 copies, I'm being heard more and more people talk.

How big would you say you are right now?
I wouldn't say that I'm big. I'm known, I'm trying to get there. You never stop because nothing happens overnight. Only the dedicated prosper, I am doing this for everybody, my family. I have been rhyming since I was ten years old. I related to music, so I decided to rap. If an artist makes me relate to their music, I want to make someone else relate to my music.

Which artist did you relate to the most?
Honestly, I wouldn't say I relate to any artist. I listen to a lot of Bay Area music, Burner, it's a recession, it's hard out here, I feel the times. It takes the right song and the right person to hear it and then you blow up.

What is the name of your current release?
My current release is going to be Kush'd Up Kash'd Out, Vol. 1, it's another mixtape.

Can you tell us a little bit about the mixtape?
The mixtape is going to have a lot of music on it, widespread. Emotional songs, club bangers, the songs that make the girls get loose, some hood tracks. I give you an all-around exclusive feature of what I am capable of. I am an artist who cannot be put into a box, I'm all over the place.

When will you begin working on your debut album?
I just want to get my name out there, before I release an official album. It is going to have everything my mixtape has, except I am going to be going in ten times harder, investing more money in it. After I release two or three mixtapes and do a couple of collaborations, I will release an album. This will definitely be coming before the end of 2012.

Have you had many collaborations so far?
Yeah, I've done four or five collaborations. I worked with Family Member, Lil' Black and that is it for now. I stick with people who can stick with my style, I have a broad style. I never judge music and styles, but you have to be able to rock with me when I am the main person on the track.

What are your goals for Kush'd Up Kash'd Out this year?
To take it as far as it will go, above and beyond. I'm trying to work with Burner Blunt Clothing. As far as my label can go, I want to take it. I have big plans for my artists and I have an Australian photographer coming through to shoot with us. He has worked for hip hop artists, we've talked through IM and the phone. I am looking to blow up, without anything holding me back. This is my dream, I will make it there, but it won't happen overnight.

How did you link up with an international contact?
He hit me up via Twitter and we've been talking ever since. He does very good work and he asked me what I would need. I told him if he is willing to be a part of the photoshoot, as I do a music video. He needed a California artist and it was me. I am not going to charge someone to publicize me. He was going to be in Los Angeles anyway and he was more than willing to come and he will be in town on December 10. He will be bringing models too.

So, things are looking up for you this year?
Yeah, most definitely. I just had another baby girl and it drives me. I didn't grow up too easy, so I use my children as my inspiration, as I want to give them more than what I had.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP