Saturday, September 3, 2011

Does T.I. do this to Himself?

By The Voice
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

The past few years have been tough on urban entertainers. It seems as if all of the urban entertainers are going to jail for one thing or another. While many stars have gone down, T.I. has become the poster child of how not to handle the situation. For the second straight time, T.I. was sent to prison right after getting out.

In 2008, T.I. was sentenced to prison, with the sentence beginning in the spring of 2009. At the time, T.I. was at the peak of his career, with a double platinum album and three hit singles. In 2007, T.I. was arrested for illegal possession of weapons. However, the Atlanta rapper was fearing for his life.

Because of this, the fans and the hip hop community, rallied around T.I. until he got out. Early in 2010, T.I. was a free man and everyone was rooting for him. Despite the people rooting for him, T.I. was having trouble putting out a hit single. It seemed as if all of his singles were lacking, but still the people were ready for a strong T.I. comeback.

After being a free man for only six months, T.I. went to Los Angeles and was busted for drug possession. It was then when many began to question the judgement of T.I. While T.I. is a good rapper and an astute businessman, it made no sense for him to even consider using drugs, let alone getting caught with them. The rapper was sent back to prison for an eleven month stint. Recently, T.I. was released from prison and he informed the police he would provide his own transportation away from the prison.

However, T.I. was picked up by a tour bus of all vehicles. Obviously, the law enforcement would not want someone of T.I.'s stature, or anyone for that matter, to leave prison in a tour bus. The only argument from T.I.'s camp was the rule was ridiculous and that the officers took pictures by the bus. Initially, T.I. was the victim, but his last two trips to prison are due from lack of common sense. Common sense says not to consider using drugs when out on bail, out past curfew, and out of town. Common sense also says not to ride back from prison on a tour bus.

It may sound a little harsh, but T.I.'s last two prison sentences are all his fault, he knows he is targeted because of his success.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP