Friday, September 9, 2011

On the Rise: Young Ken

By The Rap Scout
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Hip hop is all over the place, as the advances in technology allows virtually anyone to record. Flint, Michigan has become a hotbed of rising talent. Among the names trying to emerge from Flint is a rapper by the name of Young Ken.

Raised in a single-parent household, Young Ken has been determined to make it far. With a rough childhood, Young Ken began rapping at the age of seven. Inspired by the celebrities of the time, Young Ken was determined to make it.

Now, an adult, Young Ken is still pursuing his dream and releasing music. With a solid fan base and an independent record deal, he hopes the future will be filled with the best. An overall positive person, Hip Hop Vibe had the chance to speak with Young Ken.

Read the entire interview below:

Growing up, did you receive support from your family?
Yes, my family has always been my main support and fans, they believed in me first.

What was your family life like?
I don't have a big family here in Flint, Michigan, but we are close because we have such a small family. We go through the ups and down just like every family does, that's what family does.

What was it like meeting your father for the first time?
I was anxious because I had never met him, but it was a good experience because I had the opportunity to meet his side of my family who welcomed me with open arms.

Was rapping your way to escape the pains of life?
Rapping to me was much more than just the pains of life that I have to express, but it was the first thing I felt like I was apart of something important. I love the artistry of it creating something with sounds that comes from you.

So far, how has the rap game been to you?
The rap game has been good to me, because I feel like im doing it for other people by motivating people who go through a lot of pain I enjoy that the most to inspire all people.

What is your take on the current state of hip hop?
I think the current state of hip hop has lost a lot of morals of the game and everybody is so stuck on trying to be like the next man because that's what's hot. That's not me, my music comes from how I feel.

We already know you're a big fan of Eric B & Rakim, but are there any current rappers you listen to?
I listen to Young Jeezy, Lupe Fiasco, Fabalous,and T.I., but I do like alot of up and coming artists like Meek Mill, J. Cole, and Drake.

Can you tell us more about The Arrival?
The Arrival is basically my introduction to the world for all the people that know me and been waiting on me to put out some music this mixtape is for them letting them know that I have arrived.

How many more projects do you have lined up?
I got my next mixtape set to drop early next year, called No Days Off, and my goal is to do more shows more videos and to just get better everyday.

What will 2012 look like for Young Ken?
Sky is the limit. I see nothing but big things happening for me and my team and we are going to let the world know who Young Ken really is.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP