Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DJ YRS Jerzy talks Age, School, and the Hip Hop Game

By The Hip Hop Writer
Hip Hop Vibe Staff Writer

Hip hop was established by young men. During the height of the 1990s hip hop, the most-popular rappers were young, as were the journalists. But, now hip hop has become a game for the mature.

Young people are still making moves in the game, evidenced by the success of Bow Wow and Soulja Boy. Among the new people rising in the game is DJ YRS Jerzy. At eighteen years old, he has hosted several mixtapes, rubbed shoulders with hip hop's elite, while still going to school.

DJ YRS Jerzy discussed his hectic life with Hip Hop Vibe.

Read the entire interview below:

How long have you been DJ-ing?
I have been DJ-ing for a year and a half. I just got serious this year, hosting mixtapes, I'm trying to become real big with the mixtapes.

Why did you choose DJ-ing over rapping?
I tried rapping and I was not too good at it. I had already had success with Virtual DJ, so I took it from there.

So far, who have you worked with?
I worked with Riot Music Group, Shorty Mack and Knockout and I am trying to work with everybody on their grind. Shout out to everybody I am working with.

Are you still in school?
Yeah, right now I'm doing my last year of high school. From there, I will be on this music even more.

Do you sometimes find yourself stressed because of school?
Not really. I found a way to balance things out. Some days, I focus solely on mixtapes and other days, I focus solely on school.

Are you planning to go to college?
Right now, I am still debating. If I were to go, it would probably be a college in New Jersey.

Who is your favorite rap artist?
Biggie, Stack Bundlez, Vado, Jay-Z, Kanye West, those are among my favorites.

Do you model yourself after any DJs in the game?
Not really, I have my own style of DJ-ing.

Do you have a favorite DJ, other than yourself?
Funkmaster Flex, DJ Drama, Ill Will, and all of them.

What projects do you have in the works?
I got a couple mixtapes in the works, some I cannot really talk about. But, I can say, the people will love the mixtapes I have planned in the next few months.

Can you tell us more about your involvement with Ray J's artist, Shorty Mack?
Me and Shorty Mack are going to keep dropping mixtapes. We just released The Remider and we are going to have more coming. I am trying to get him to work with more of my artists and we are focused on trying to get this money.

Could you see yourself running a record label?
Actually, I could, but not in the near future. But, in the next two or three years, I see myself running a business.

Who are the people helping you get to where you need to be?
My team, Young Riot Squad, Jason Anderson, he is helping me get this work out.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP