Sunday, March 28, 2010

T.I. is officially Free from Legal Troubles

For the first time since 2008, T.I. can say the words "I'm free" and truly mean them. Ever since he picked up his 2007 gun charge, T.I. knew that his life would change. Initially, he assumed that nothing would happen because of who he was. He would soon realize that no one was above the law. Towards the end of 2008, he was sentenced to one year and one day behind bars.

In his last days of freedom, T.I. spoke with the youth. He would even team up with MTV to create "Road to Redemption." On the show, he focused on helping out those less fortunate. T.I. used his gun charge as inspiration as opposed to a punishment. During his last day of freedom, the rapper walked with Al Sharpton to protest gang violence. When it was finally time for him to go behind bars, T.I. went with pride.

Because of good behavior, the hip hop community received a special gift. After only being in prison for seven months, T.I. was being let out early for good behavior. For the remainder of his time, they would place him in a Halfway House. With a curfew of 11:00 pm, T.I. was free to do whatever he pleased, as long as it was not against the law. Being the family man that he is, the first thing that he did was greet his longtime girlfriend, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, and his five children. Following his reunion with his family, T.I. returned to the studio.

Already back to being a major part of the lives of his children, T.I. released his first single since being free from the bars. Last month, he released his single, "I'm Back." On March 26, 2010, T.I. was able to say those two words and really speak the truth. Later this year, a new studio album from T.I. will be released.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP